My exam week is finally over... and I have some time, so I thought I'd open up commissions for the holidays!
You can ask me anything you want, doesn't have to be fandom related, though maybe you want a portrait of someone else as a character from a show, which would be fine, or just a character from a show, which is fine as well!
You can ask me to work in any of the mediums listed, please note that some will take more time: Digital paintings are the quickest, then charcoal drawings, and then the more elaborate things like art nouveau pictures. (Actually photomanips are the quickest.)
To ask for a commission, you can comment on this journal, note me on DA, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Also if you just have a question.)
When asking for a commission you can be as precise or vague as you want, but remember the more details you give me, the more it will be 'like you imagined it.'
During the process you'll get plenty of chances to ask for corrections, so no worries.
You can just make up a list yourself if you'd like, or use this form: sta.sh/019gamfdgv1k (just
email it to me, attached to your email).
Things to remember:
If you need something for a certain date, remember;
- Digital paintings take about two weeks, could be faster, but lets stay on the cautious side.
1) If you just want the digital file I can just send it via email, so it doesn't cost any extra time.
2) If you want a print it will take longer, up to four days to get it to the print company and printed and then the time it takes to ship it to you (see below)
- Charcoal Drawings take about two weeks
1) I can't predict you would, but if you'd like it in a digital file as well as the drawing itself, ask me, the file will be send via email
2) The shipping time will depend on your location (see below)
- All other commissions will take a week (for simple vector/ photomanip) or up to three weeks (art nouveau)
1) Again, if you just want the digital file, the transfer will be immediate
2) If you'd like to get it printed, you will have to remember printing it can take up to four days, and shipping will depend on your location (see below)
The time it takes to finish a commission depends on how complex the commission is, and how long it takes before you decide on the line art - until you decide it's right and you want it the way it looks.
If you want it printed but want to save time and cost, you can always get the digital file printed yourself, at a company near your own house.
* Benelux: 1-2 days
* Germany, France, Denmark: 2-3 days
* Uk: 2-4 days
* (All other countries in) Europe: 4-7 days
* Outside of Europe: 6-11 days
* These are the times the post office lists, but I would play it save and have at least one week of 'extra' shipping time in mind as I've had delays before (customs can cause delays and there are probably factors I don't even account for that can be tricky with international shipping) and I wouldn't want you to get your order too late. Also remember these are business days, so weekends won't count.
Anything under 38x26cm will be:
* Europe: 2-4 euros
* Outside of Europe: 3-5 euros
Anything bigger will be:
* Europe: 6-8 euros
* Outside of Europe: 17-19 euros
Commission costs:Digital Art* Digital Paintings- Character with no background: €40/ £35/ $55Examples- Character with a simple background: €45/ £38/ $62Examples- Character with a complicated background: €55/ £47/ $75ExamplesIn all cases these are the prices for one character, for every character after that it's €5/ £4/ $7 more.* Art Nouveau- Stylised with an elaborate border: €35/ £30/ $48Examples- Realistic with an elaborate border and background:€40/ £35/ $55ExamplesIn both cases these are the prices for one character, for every character after that it's €5/ £4/ $7 more.* Vector Art- Simple; minimum amount of layers:€35/ £30/ $48Example- Elaborate; more layers and a background:€45/ £38/ $62ExampleIn both cases these are the prices for one character, for every character after that it's €5/ £4/ $7 more.* Other Digital Art- 'The Elements Effect Portrait:' €20/ £17/ $27Examples- Other effects: €25/ £21/ $34Examples- Comics:€30/ £25/ $41ExamplesIn all cases, except the comics, these are the prices for one character, for every character after that it's €3/ £2/ $4 more.Traditional Art* Drawings- Charcoal Drawing:€55/ £47/ $75Examples- Charcoal with colour details:€60/ £51/ $82ExamplesIn both cases these are the prices for one character, for every character after that it's €5/ £4/ $7 more.About the commissions, some of you have asked me if it has to be Sherlock or Doctor Who fanart... Well, it doesn't, it can be anything you like, from any fandom, or your OCs, or maybe a family member ().If you have any questions, feel free to note me!