So you can blame
for this (and every single other Sherlock+Art Nouveau piece I've done, come to think of it
). She mentioned how the sheet would be perfect for art nouveau and I immediately jumped on the idea.
This is quite different from my other art nouveau stuff and maybe I should just call this 'art nouveau inspired.'
It happened because I painted Sherlock first and then created the background. But I realised that if I wanted to fit the two together I'd have to add a bit of a 'drawn-element' to Sherlock. But I didn't want to! Because I liked the way he'd come out... And leaving it all painty, in combination with the background the way it was look too much like a collage... which didn't fit what I wanted.
So I tinkered around with the background (that looked like they normally do in these pieces of mine) and finally decided that adding some texture made it look better but still not 'great.'
Then I had this idea... Some new lighting effects later and the end-result is before you!
I actually really like this style. It's almost the 'realistic' version of my previous art nouveau stuff. Almost like I got Sherlock in the studio to pose for me in a sheet (now there's an idea
) while I got the perfect shot to use as a reference for one of my art nouveau pieces.
In fact, I liked this new style of mine so much I stayed up all the night to create another piece! But that one will have to wait BTW, I am running out of titles...Available from Redbubble as a print (or t-shirt and iPhone case) here:[link]